Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thanks/Thanksgiving

I am making Thanksgiving cards right and left and decided I would enter one in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

They are featuring their products this week.

I heat embossed the image in gold embossing powder on black card stock. I masked some of the images to get this scene.    I painted it with Mica water colors.(Sandy Allnock did this technique a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!)  The background is a leaf block stamp.  I have to say using my Misti has helped SO much when doing background images, no more trying to guess where to put the stamp if you missed a spot when stamping.  Yay!  The sentiment is also gold heat embossed.  I first tried vellum for the sentiment but it didn't show up well enough.  I hope you like, I wish the photo showed off the gold and the mica water colors better, *sigh*.

Thanks for coming by and I hope to be back soon.

Supplies: Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Apple of My Pie, Autumn Blessings, Leaves Background. Ranger Fine Gold Embossing powder, USArt Mica Watercolor.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the gold embossing of the focal images and sentiment. Gorgeous card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Thanksgiving Wednesday Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!