Friday, May 29, 2015

OCC Mask-erade Day 4

The lesson today demonstrated using freezer paper as the masking technique.  Shari Carroll used a word die masked with freezer paper, which I wanted to try.  I have to tell you I had some problems with this, mainly I don't think that my iron was hot enough and the freezer paper didn't stick as well as it should have, but finally I got it!

This is a Paper Smooches die.  Using the masked word I watercolored over it on watercolor paper.  I trimmed the watercolored piece, backed it with a piece of solid cardstock and then used washi tape on the sides (this is something Kristina Werner did in another lesson today) to frame it.  I added sequins, but I think I went a little sequin crazy here. :) I do like the way this turned out, I just have to remember to get my iron really hot!

Thanks for coming by, see you soon.

4 comments:

  1. So that's where I was going wrong, perhaps my iron wasn't hot enough - thanks ;)! Your card turned out really great, I love the colours and the use of the washi tape too! C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! :) Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!