Wednesday, January 28, 2015

OCC Clean & Simple 4 -Day 3

Today's class lesson concentrated on dyed backgrounds.  Really great techniques today.  I am going to post one technique on this post that I tried and then do another post on a different technique.

Jennifer McGuire demonstrated a technique that was amazing to me, it was like magic!  This is the card I made using this technique. 

This is done by inking up a cardstock panel with an ink pad and then stenciling with Versamark ink.  The Versamark, as it dries, creates the light colored impressions.  I love it!! I used distress ink to color cardstock and then cut out the birds that were in the stencil.  I used Wink of Stella on the birds and for once you can actually see it. :)   I used some more inked cardstock for the sentiment, I die cut it and backed it with white cardstock.  This is really easy to do and took very little time, that is why I had time for another card from the lesson, which is in my next post. :)

See ya soon....

Supplies Used-Hero Arts Charcoal Ink, Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink, Papertrey Ink Congrats die cut, Claudine Hellmuth-birds and SSS-Falling Snow stencils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!