Tuesday, September 23, 2014

OCC Copic Markers for Card Makers Day 1 & 2

I am participating in the new Online Card Class-Copic Markers for Card Makers.  I have been waiting for a class like this from OCC.  I know the instructors from past classes and totally love their teaching methods.  This class has been sooooo informative and the techniques they are teaching are so understandable.  Can you tell I am enthusiastic?  Ha  The homework for the first two classes has been to  practice blending techniques.  I have wanted to learn this for so long, I really admire the beautiful images created by some of my favorite bloggers.   Practice sheets were offered that could be printed to color.  These are the sheets that  I have done so far.

This was two and three color blending.  Some of the colors I chose weren't the best. :)  But some of the blends look pretty good.   I liked doing the package better than the balloons, maybe because you could define the shadows better?  Not sure

The second day we learned more blending techniques and strokes of the marker and how that could effect the look of the image.  This is what I practiced for the second day.
I actually have that bird stamp from Hero Arts and have used it several times on cards.  I enjoyed coloring the butterfly and the color combos you could use.  I think I will be practicing coloring it more.   The more you practice the better you get :)  I keep adding to my copic collection and wished I could get more colors, but one of the techniques taught in this class was how to blend to get the look of three markers when you only have two.  Love this class!!

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!