Friday, August 15, 2014

OCC Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 11-Play Day

Hi,
Sadly, today  is the last day of class, I learned quite a bit during this class and really loved all the new techniques, tips and tricks I learned!  Instructors suggested today to play with the stamp sets from the class and see what you can do with what was taught.  Laura Bassen did a card with some graphic stamping and used a couple of different stamp sets to create a greeting.  Since I really like the graphic portion of this class I decided to try my hand at what she did.

I made the card, grabbed my camera to take a photo, and that didn't work out so well. :(   Yeah batteries were dead, AND not a battery in the house!  After going to store and running other errands by the time I returned it was night and the light was way different for taking pics, but I did anyway.  I had to take way more than I usually do to get the right one.  So, lesson learned, well actually two lessons,  #1 keep batteries in the house and #2 take pictures in the daylight!  :)

Here is my card:
I measured the card at the halfway point and drew a light line to get a starting point of where to stamp.  After stamping with Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds I knew I wanted the sentiment on vellum, but after several failed attempts to emboss it, I ended up stamping it.  For some reason the 'Love' word grabbed way to much embossing powder and it always ended up looking like a blob, no matter what kind of powder I used. :/  To get this message I used Technique Tuesdays Smooch by Ali Edwards for the 'Love' and the 'the' is from Winnie and Walters The Big the Bold and the You, and the 'Journey' from a wooden stamp  that I couldn't find an identity. I masked the other words on the Journey stamp to just get the word Journey. 

After a couple of delays it is finally done and I hope you like!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!