Saturday, August 2, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #87-SSS Work It Wednesday

Hi there,
This weeks CAS(E) this Sketch challenge is inspired by this sketch:

The theme also is to incorporate a tag into your design, either a tag by itself or on a card. 

This is what I came up with:


The tag is inked with distress inks and then I embossed it with a stencil.  The embossing paste was tinted with the same color as the tag color.  I like the look of the light and dark areas between the tag colors.  The hearts are die cut as well as the 'congrats'.  I just stamped the letters on the hearts, added sequins and a ribbon tie.  I wish you could see this better, I tried photographing it in all types of light but I couldn't get the colors to pop they way I wanted to and the way they look naturally.  :/

CAS(E) this Sketch #87

I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge.
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge
Where Blue is the main theme.

Supplies used:
Die Cuts: Simon Says Stamp Hearts, Papertrey Ink Congrats
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Riley's ABC's
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp Waves
Embossing Paste: Wendy Vecchi
Distress ink: Tim Holtz Iced Spruce

Next week starts the Online Card Class Stretch Your Stamps that I am participating in, so I hope to be posting projects from the classes.

Thanks for coming by, see you soon.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!