Friday, March 21, 2014

Online Card Class CAS 3- Day 11

Hello,
Sadly this is the last day of official classes. :(   The lesson was One Stamp Four Ways.  All demonstrators took one stamp and made a card with it, all with different techniques.  I liked them all but decided to do a version of Jennifer McGuire's card AND also Julie Ebersole 's.  So two cards today.  First is the version of Julie's:

It is called Bokeh effect, where objects appear off in the distance and the eye focuses on the object out front.  I used vellum to get this look, I guess you might say this isn't truly a CAS card but I really like the effect.  The sentiment is embossed in black on the vellum.  I wish there was some adhesive that can hold down the vellum without showing, it does tend to pucker. I added dots of liquid glue on some of the flowers and under the sentiment to hold it down. 

I will post the second card in a separate post.

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. This is just lovely, the effect of the vellum gives such a wonderful, dreamy look! I use some adhesive called Invisi Dots for Vellum ... it's made in the UK and I know it's available across Europe, but I don't know if it's sold in the USA ... it might be! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me some sweet words, 'cause it meant I could come here and have fun exploring! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!