Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday February 2014

Hi,
Simon Says Stamp has a Work It Wednesday challenge that is run on the last Wednesday of each month and runs till the next month.  The challenge is to use a Simon Says Stamp product from their new release or one from any of their releases.  I chose to used their Clustered Leaves stencil and die to make this card.

I first stenciled using 2 different distress inks on kraft card stock. For the diecut I used a new technique that I have seen on other cardmaking blogs.  I die cut several layers of the leaves on white card stock and the last layer from patterned paper. I glued all  of the layers together to create dimension.  This way you don't have to use foam squares to get that look.  It is a bit tricky and you need to use liquid glue to make sure you have some time to match up the layers but I really like the  look.  For the birds, I stenciled them using embossing paste mixed with a distress ink to get the blue color .  The 'thank you' was embossed in white on vellum.  I added some green pearls to finish. I used another piece of patterned paper behind the kraft panel and mounted it on foam squares. 

I plan to order some products from Simon Says Stamp's new release and I think I will make another card to enter into this challenge.

Happy crafting and stay well!

Supplies Used:
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp Clustered Leaves
Die:  Simon Says Stamp Clustered Leaves
Stencil: Claudine Helmuth Love Birds
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Crushed Olive, Broken China (Leaves) and Peacock Feathers (Bird)
Embossing Paste: Wendi Vecchi
Sentiment: Hero Arts Greetings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!