Thursday, February 27, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes With Pearls

Hello,
In this post I created a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 'Anything Goes with Pearls', well they were calling my name!  I love to add pearls to my cards, well I also like to add sequins, enamel dots, ribbon etc, but that is another story. :)


Sooo I saw Jennifer McGuire demonstrate this watercolor technique in a video the other day.  I looked easy so I thought I would try it.  It was pretty easy!  White emboss the stamp image onto to waterproof paper.  You then run some different color distress markers or any other water based marker across the cardstock.  Then you spritz it with some water and turn the paper so that it runs.  The white embossed image will resist the ink.  I cut a frame from white cardstock and adhered it to Bazzill cardstock (a requirement if you could was to use a Bazzill product). Then came the pearls! I did add some sequins and a bakers twine bow.  I mounted the image panel on some foam squares and set it inside the frame.  I rounded the corners with a 1/4 inch Corner Chomper.

Hope you like!  Thanks for stopping by. 

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Watermelon Sunset, Bazzill Marshmallow White
Markers: Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Frame: Sizzix Scallop Rectangles
Image: MFT Be Your Best Self

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Love the watercolor look! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!