Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stenciled Online Card Class -Second Lesson

Hi!
How many of you are in the middle of a snowstorm right now?  Outside it is snowing, it is freezing, and the wind is howling!   I don't plan on going outside anytime soon because I really don't want to experience it at all!  So it was a perfect day to craft a card and I am enjoying the stenciling classes so much!

The card below is an interpretation of Kristina Werner's card in the lesson today.  I thought it was great that there was another  way to use colored pencils!  Kristina used Derwent Inktense pencils and I used a combination of the Derwent Inktense, Derwent Watercolor and some Faber Castell that I have.  It gives the hearts a great look.

I actually made the big heart in the center of the card from a SSS heart diecut and then used the negative diecut as a stencil.  I don't think I would be able to use it with any wet medium but it worked for the pencils. The sentiment is from a new Winnie & Walter stamp The Big, The Bold and The Happy.  It is a very versatile stamp with a lot of little greetings you can put together. 

I used a Hero Arts striped background stamp in Colorbox Frost White for the kraft card base. I have a Heidi Swapp stencil that has stars, dots and hearts on it, so I just used the heart portion of the stencil and colored in the little hearts in different colors.  I mounted the card panel on foam squares, but first I tied some twine and a little wooden heart on the bow.  The heart has Wink of Stella but it is hard to see in the photograph.  I put a little washi tape on the bottom because it looked a little bare, and then I called it done! Hope you like!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!