Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cold Weather Blues

I don't know about you guys but I am a little winter weary already and it has not even been winter for a month!  We had a really cold snap here with below 0 weather and during the worst night, we lost our electricity.  Thank goodness it was only for 3 hours or so and we do have a fireplace so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  So hopefully no more nights like that! 

I did make the card below from an old tutorial I saw.   It is supposed to look like a piece of tile. I tried it the first time like the tutorial but it was really a mess and I didn't like the way it turned out. I changed it up a bit.  The original tutorial had the stamped pieces of card stock cut into equal pieces and then Versamarked and clear embossed.    I did it a little differently from the tutorial.  I Versamarked the whole  stamped image, clear embossed  and then cut and distressed the edges of the cut pieces with some Tim Holtz distress ink.   I then adhered it on another piece of card stock and then mounted that on some foam squares.  I like it but I think I will try again to perfect it a bit.  It needs tweaking.
The stamp set was Paper Smooches Crystal Clear, the frame is Sizzix Scallop Framelet.  I added a twine bow and some enamel accents. The card base is  Neenah Solar White card stock.

The clear embossing does make it seem more like a tile piece but you really can't see it in this photo.

Hope you like but I will be trying this again so hope to have that version up soon.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!