Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Cards-2013

Hello,
I wanted to post some of the cards I made this year.  It seemed I was always behind schedule this year for some reason!  I did get a new grandchild so the anticipation of waiting for her I think threw me off!  Ha but in the end it all gets done!  Now I just have to prepare for my annual Christmas Eve party for my friends and family.  So hope you enjoy the cards below:
This is a Tim Holtz Christmas stamp with a Hero Arts sentiment .  I couldn't find a tree I liked for this scene so this tree was on a Hero Arts tag stamp so I just masked the rest of the stamp off and just stamped the tree. I created the background by embossing some stars and then distressing with  Broken China Distress ink for the sky and on the bottom of the card I used Iced Spruce Distress ink, then I rubbed the ink from the stars.   I added some sequins for a little shine.  I like the way it turned out.

This is a Wplus9 Woodland Wreath stamp.  I love this stamp it was on backorder for so long I wasn't sure I would get it in time.  I embossed some stars in the background with some silver embossing powder and I used a Papertrey Ink sentiment.  This is a great stamp too!  I couldn't stop using it!  I used a piece of designer paper from the Tim Holtz Christmas kit and some Authentique Christmas paper.  I finished by attaching a small bow to the wreath.
This is all Lawn Fawn Winter Park.  This was one of the first stamps I ordered for this season.  I paper pieced the snow on the bench and I put some Diamond Stickles on it.  I used a sponge dauber and some Momento ink to dab a little glow to the lamp and a little Wink of Stella on the lamp lights. I stamped some snowflakes and  I also added some sequins for a little shine and bakers twine to tie it all in. 
This is a Christmas Art Impressions stamp.  I got this awhile ago from a sale at Joanne Fabrics.  I watercolored this with Distress Markers on Hero Arts Watercolor paper.  I just added a bit of designer paper.  The greeting is from Hero Arts, I have their Christmas Greetings stamp and I use it a lot!!  I think it is a perfect card for a man. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great holiday season!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!